TOURISM GASTRONOMY DESTINATION INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
About The Conference
The tourism sector has a big impact on economic and social development. The Minister of Tourism at the commemoration of the World Tourism Day and the National Tourism Day 2015 suggests that “in recent years, tourism industry has been in the 4th or 5th rank of those who contribute to the GDP of the country.” The growth of tourism sector then creates different types of jobs which provide welfare for society.
Tourism as a field of study is a new addition to academia. Tourism has been referred to in literature as an academic community, a study, or a discipline. Tourism is referred to in multiple fashions by those who study tourism as an academic field, practice tourism as a professional management economic tool, or study tourism as a component of their academic discipline. This includes gastronomic tourism and tourism destination.
Gastronomic tourism is an emerging phenomenon that is developing due to the fact that one third of the trip budget is spent on food consumption. One of the most used definitions of Gastronomic tourism is one proposed by Lee et al., 2015): gastronomic tourism “is a journey, in regions rich in gastronomic resources, to generate recreational experiences or have entertainment purposes”. Gastronomy is not just a process of preparing, producing and consuming food and beverages, but placing it in the structure of the ideological, cultural, economic, social and political (Yurtseven, Kaya: 2010). Therefore, the identity of gastronomy illustrate the cultural influence (the influence of local ethnic including religion), history (origin), the level of diversity of local tribal and ethnic immigrants, ability to innovate, traditional customs, beliefs and values of local wisdom, landscape environment (geographical and climate). Given its association with aspects of the culture, history, beliefs, and geography of the Content gastronomic nations of the world are different from each other.
Meanwhile, tourism destinations is an entity that covers a specific geographic area in which there are components of tourism products (attraction, amenities, accessibilities) and services, as well as other supporting elements (community, tourism industry players, and institutional developers). These elements form a system that is synergistic in creating motivation to visit and experience for tourists to visit.
In line with the explanation above, Trisakti School of Tourism is committed to facilitate a mean of collaboration among the academicians, practitioners, government and related tourism agencies by organizing the international conference with the theme “Tourism, Gastronomy and Destination International Conference”.
In order to publication with Atlantis Press this conference now named as “International Conference on Tourism, Gastronomy, and Tourist Destination (ICTGTD 2016).”
- Abstract submission deadline 4 Oktober 2016
- Notification abstract acceptance 11 Oktober 2016
- Full paper submission deadline 21 Oktober 2016
- Full Poster Submission deadline 21 Oktober 2016
- Notification of full paper acceptance 31 Oktober
- Conference date 14 – 15 November 2016
WHY ATTEND THE ICTGTD (TGDIC) IN JAKARTA?
Trisakti School of Tourism
is synergizing Academicians, Industry, Community and Goverment
Register your participation in
International Conference on Tourism, Gastronomy, and Tourist Destination
ICTGTD 2016 (TGDIC) today!
CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper conference will focus on a range of topics related to research in Tourism, Gastronomy, and Destination. The conference invites papers on either completed research or a preliminary report on "research in progress". Authors and researchers are encouraged to submit papers describing previously unpublished, original research result, not currently under review by another conference or journal, or case studies of good practices. All papers will be reviewed by the TGDIC 2016 Paper Review Committee and accepted papers will appear in the conference proceeding. Abstract Must be submitted in "Upload Form Call For Paper" in the website and full papers must be submitted in email email@example.com according to the guidelines given. The accepted papers will be presented during regular or poster sessions as indicated by the committee.
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Community-based Tourism
- Nature-based Tourism
- Creative Tourism
- Social Media for Tourism Marketing
- Smart Tourism
- Food Tourism
- Herbs, Spices, and Traditional Food
- Cultural Food Studies
- Food Product and Pastry
- Food Packaging and Product Development
- Branding and Marketing
- Education and Training
- Regulation and Policy
- Policy for Destination Planning
- Tour Industry
- Destination Policy and Training
- Abstracts consist of minimum 300-500 words
- Abstracts should be submitted by upload in Registration Form
- Deadline for submitting abstracts is 21 October 2016
- Abstracts will be screened by paper review committee. Selected abstracts will be announced on 31 October 2016
- All full papers must be free from grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Typed, 12 pt., Times New Roman
- 1-inch (2.54cm) for all margins and double spaced.
- References in APA style.
- A separate cover page should include title of the paper, affiliation, author’s name, contact number and email address. Please indicate the above information only on the cover page and not anywhere else.
- Table and Figures: each table or figure should be presented within the text (not at the end of the text). Tables and figures should be numbered sequentially in Arabic numerals and they should bear a title (with appropriate upper and lower case letters) which explains) their contents.
- MS Word Format
Papers selected based on submission of completed full papers will be acknowledged accordingly in both conference program and conference proceedings.
- Each presentation will have a 20 minutes presentation, including 5-10 minutes Q&A session
- Power point slides 20 pages (maximum)
- Projector, Desktop PC and MS Office PowerPoint 2010 or under will be provided by the Organizer. Please contact the Organizing Committee if you have any special AV requirement
- Please save your presentation file in a USB drive and bring it to the conference.
- The author's name and affiliation only on the cover page of the full paper and they should not be indicated anywhere in the paper.
- Full paper for review should be submitted in email firstname.lastname@example.org prior on 21 October 2016.
- Once the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and present the paper at the conference.
- Only full papers submitted prior to the deadline will be published in proceedings.
The followings are suggestions for better poster presentation. Authors may design their posters and create the content in their own preferred style. However, please keep the poster size to be maximum 90cmx90cm (35x35 inch), preferably A1 size on PDF Format. Poster materials will be printed by the committee, please upload the poster in Registration Form. Paper should be submitted in email email@example.com prior or on 21 Oktober 2016.
- Use the Arial font or Times New Roman. If these two fonts are not available, try universe or another Sans Serif font such as Verdana
- The title of your poster should be done in Title case and readable from a distance of at least 2 meters
- All text can be easily readable from a distance of 1 or 2 meters
- All graphs and charts should be at least 20x30 cm. Graphs and figures make a poster more interesting
- Use color to attract attention, but do not use too many different colors, because then it may become a distraction
- Tables should be kept simple and used sparingly. Graphs are generally more effective
- Start your poster with an introduction, and finish with a clear conclusion, focusing on the major finding of the work you are presenting.
Submission shall be made trough email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject : TGDIC 2016 Paper Submission